Thursday, March 5, 2009

Passwhat?

As we all know, I have recently reentered the realm of the gainfully employed. And Oh! What a feeling! I got myself generally cleaned and prettied up each day (it's my first week, you know - but in time this too shall pass) and waltzed out the door for a lovely, munchkin-free commute. I schmoozed, I socialized, I spent entire days doing things with my brains! Gloriosity!

And then I did the best thing of all: I came home. I came home and said, "Whew! Tough day at work. What's for supper?" This I found so incredibly amusing that I then had to run to the bathroom and muffle my hysterical laughter with a hand towel.

Ah, the lives of the bitter and distorted.

In the midst of all this bacon-bring-homing, I had to change my computer password. I am proud to say the contents of my work computer are now more secure than your average Dublin banking establishment, but for the fact that I had to make my password so ridiculously complicated that I was forced to write it on a Post-It and stick it to my monitor so I could remember how to log in. They made me include numbers, letters (both capital and lower case) AND symbols.
Symbols! I can't even remember my postal code most days, and that only has... well, I don't even know what it has, because I can't bloody remember it.

L3t m3 tHe F%#@! in 2 my C0mPu+3r, d@mm1t!

No comments:

Post a Comment